Siri on AirPods lets you make calls, ask questions, send messages, and more. However, if you don’t use it or find it accidentally activated, let’s see how to do it. disable Siri on your AirPods.
This tutorial applies to all AirPods models, including 1st, 2nd, 3rd generation and AirPods Pro.
Table of Contents
How to disable Siri on AirPods
How to turn off siri on airpods
Before continuing, please know that AirPods are simple devices. They cannot connect to the internet to process your Siri request. AirPods only act as a remote to trigger Siri on the connected device (iPhone, iPad, Mac or Apple Watch). By following the steps below you disable the power of AirPods to enable Siri on the connected device. This much.
Turn off AirPods Siri using iPhone or iPad
Here are the steps to disable Siri on AirPods using your iPhone:
- Make sure the AirPods are connected to your iPhone.
- Open Settings and tap Bluetooth.
- tap the info button (i) for your AirPods.
- The tap is configured to activate Left or Right Siri.
- Choose an option other than Siri.
You have now disabled Siri on your AirPods. But if you have AirPods 2nd generation or newer, AirPods Pro or AirPods Max, you can still say. Hey Siri When you plug in your AirPods to activate Siri.
If you want to disable this too, you have to turn it off. Hey Siri on your iPhone. Here’s how to do it.
- Open Settings and tap Siri & Search.
- Close Listen for Hey Siri.
- If you want to stop using Siri completely, turn off Allow Siri When Locked and Press Side Button for Siri.
Turn off AirPods Siri using Mac
Here’s how to disable Siri on AirPods using your Mac:
- Make sure the AirPods are connected to your Mac.
- Click and select System Preferences.
- Click on Bluetooth.
- Options next to your AirPods name.
- For Left or Rights, choose something other than Siri.
If you want to disable Siri completely on Mac, go to System Preferences > Siri. From here, uncheck Listen for Hey Siri or Enable Ask Siri to turn off the voice assistant.
Siri is turned off on AirPods
Now you know how to turn off Siri on your AirPods. If you want to undo this change, follow the same steps and set the AirPod left or right to activate Siri.
If you are bothered by Siri announcing incoming messages, please follow these steps to turn it off. You don’t need to disable Siri completely.
Finally, for more tips and news on Apple’s voice assistant, take a moment to explore our Siri section.